If you’re spring cleaning this weekend, please set aside your gently used books for Broadview’s Book Bonanza.
The 41st Annual Broadview Book Bonanza takes place in the large gym from Thursday, May 5 to Saturday, May 7, 2016. The Book Bonanza is Broadview’s largest annual fundraiser, raising $10,000 to $12,000 each year to fund classroom visits by scientists, artists and athletes, purchase new technology and library books, support sports teams, provide buses for field trips, fund teacher requests… and so much more!!
We need your continued support! Here’s how you can help:
1. Bring in books! The sale depends on your donations: adult fiction and children’s books are the biggest sellers. We also need DVDs, electronic games, and CDs. Please send only the books that you think will sell. If you wouldn’t want to buy it, chances are no one else will. Please do not send textbooks, policy manuals or Harlequin-type romances. All books need to be in good condition.
You can drop off your books at the entrance of the large gym during the following times:
- Fri, Apr 28 from 8:30-9:30am
- Sat, Apr 30 from 9am – noon
- Mon-Wed, May 1-4 from 8:30-9:30am
2. Volunteer! It takes a small army to sort through tens of thousands of books. This is a child-friendly task, so bring your baby or toddler! If you’re available to help during a timeslot that’s already full, COME ANYWAY. The more the merrier! We need volunteers every day from Fri, Apr 29 until Sat, May 7. You can sign up here: http://vols.pt/sydiM1
3. Bake! Please bake something for the bake sale — our shoppers are hungry! This bake sale can raised over $1,000 last year! Please drop off nut-free, labeled, individually-wrapped baked goods on Thursday, May 5 before 3:30 on the stage in the large gym. The sale starts at 4pm when the book sale opens to the public.
4. Shop! Come out on May 5-7 and get stocked up on your summer reading!
Thank you so much for your support!
The Book Bonanza Team