Just a reminder we will NOT be having a council meeting next week! But there is a lot going on, so thought it best to have a quick summary before the break.
– I want to give a huge shout out to Shannon and team for a smashing success of the Dance-a-thon! We raised $13,000 the good old fashioned way, and thanks to Lucas, another $650 in e-transfers!
– We had a two-day Mathletes program in the gym that got lots of buzz, thank you to the team of parents who organized it!
– The internal gardens have arrived and have been assembled. We just need dirt and seeds and we will be growing our own produce. Thank you Burke!
– The logo contest was a big hit and we had over 50 submissions! A crack team of judges were put in place and three were chosen. One will be the new school letterhead, and the other two will work together to combine their logos into one. You will see the letterhead and logo at the next meeting, and we will be posting all of the others, they were all amazing!
– We have a busy Spring coming up with many of our Arts initiatives kicking off, the Book Bonanza, Play Days, Teacher Appreciation, 8th Grade Graduation, etc, etc! Thank you in advance to those who are leading the charge with these events.
– Another plea for someone to step forward and be the manager of our Pizza Lunch program next year. We need someone to manage the program and ideally work side-by-side Tudor for a couple months this year to get a full understanding of how it works. Thank you Tudor for years of overseeing our largest fundraising activity that accounts for approximately $25,000 a year, we will miss you as both your boys will be at Nepean next year!
– Bricks of Broadview: We have a potential fundraising opportunity I wanted to float by the group to see if anyone wanted to take it and run with it. We’ve secured 200 bricks from the old school. I propose we fundraise specifically for the new yard and sell them at $100 each. This would be a fast and easy way to get $20,000 for the yard! There has been quite a bit of interest in buying bricks. We would need to:
– Message out the fundraiser both to existing and alumni families as well as neighbours (getting calls from all)
– Determine how to collect the funds
– Distribute the bricks
– Decide on an “authentication” (plaque, letter, photo) or if we want/need to
The two big actions are: A pizza manager & a bricks of Broadview fundraising coordinator. Please let me know if you are interested in helping out, even if you don’t necessarily want to take the lead.
Have a great week off, I hope you have the opportunity to go somewhere warm and sip a cold drink!
[photo credit: MyCuteGraphics (modified)]