Hot Lunches is Broadview’s online pizza ordering and communication
system. Students in Grades 1-8 can participate in the pizza program each
Thursday. Pizza is ordered in two roughly 18-week sessions:
- Session 1 runs from Sept 28th to Feb 15th
- Session 2 runs from Feb 22th to Jun 28th
You may order one session at a time or for the entire school year.
The program offers a choice of cheese or pepperoni pizza slices from our longtime partner, House of Pizza. Pizza slices are delivered to your student’s classroom at the start of the 1st nutrition break at 11:15am. A limited number of pizza slices are also available each week for cash purchase at $2.50/slice. These slices sell out quickly and the program can’t guarantee availability.
All orders must be placed using the online ordering system. Using Hot Lunches allows Broadview’s school council to accurately track and account for the funds we collect, while also making the job of delivering pizza to nearly 1000 students a much easier job for the parent volunteers.
You may place and pay for your orders in one of two ways:
- Register online and pay online using PayPal (a small transaction fee will be charged to offset costs to the school), or
- Register online and pay by a cheque sent into the school office (not the classroom teacher). Cheques must be made out to “Broadview School Council.” Office staff can not accept cash orders.
The order/payment deadline for Session 2 is Sunday, Feb 18th. (The order/payment deadline for Session 1 was Sunday, Sept 24th at 11pm.)
How to register and place and order:
Parents must register for an new account each year (personal info is deleted at the end of each school year to protect your privacy).
To register and begin placing student orders online, please follow these steps:
- Visit www.broadview.hotlunches.net
- Click on Register to create an account. You will need the school access code, which you should have received in a letter that came home from school. This is a security measure. If you do not know the code, then use the Help menu to submit a support request and tell us your name, your child’s name, and your child’s grade and teacher.
- Select PROFILE, then Add Students to add a child and select their class (note: JK and SK classes are not part of the pizza program). Repeat for each student.
- Select the ORDERS–>Student orders–> and select the black “Order” button for the correct pizza session tab. Select cheese or pepperoni pizza and the number of slices.